Sleeps 2 to 7
Sarzana – Cinque Terre – Liguria
Comfortably sleeping 2 to 7 persons, this old, converted farmhouse, lies on the border between eastern Liguria and northern Tuscany, just a stone’s throw from the Cinque Terre. It has been carefully restored and renovated, to offer all the comforts, including a wonderful outdoor pool. The interior design is characterized by antique furnishings and decorative paintings, lovingly chosen by the owner, to remain in stylish keeping with the traditional architectural context. Set in a privileged position on a hillside, surrounded by chestnut, cherry and olive trees, the villa affords superb views, which embrace both the Apuan Alps inland and the shimmering waters of the Mediterranean sea from the islands of La Spezia gulf to the lighthouse of Livorno port. This whole area enjoys a pleasant temperate micro-climate, while the villa itself boasts a suntrap location, basking in sunshine throughout the day. Its idyllically quiet seclusion will ensure that your stay really is out-of-this-world!
Entrance to this unique property is at ground-floor level from the brickwork porch with wooden beamed ceiling, perfectly equipped to eat outside with wooden table and benches. It has its own barbecue/wood burning oven ideal to prepare wonderful dinners. From the porch you enter the fitted kitchen with its original Carrara white marble worktops and sink of attractive rustic design and completed by all the modern appliances (dishwasher; fridge; American coffee-maker). The living/dining room features an ancient slate fireplace and comfortable sofas, whose colour-scheme harmoniously complements the traditional Tuscan stone and terracotta floors. 17th century-style table with benches and chairs grace the dining area. Proceeding to the right the former lemon house has been transformed into a comfortable guest bedroom with double wrought iron bed. The room is incredibly luminous and bright thanks to the large window which extends across one wall and offers breathtaking views over the gulf of la Spezia and the Tuscan coast with Forte dei marmi and even further south. The hallway is completely covered with books and it leads to the two bedrooms and bathrooms.
From the hallway you can access the separate two bedroom suite which includes one luminous double bedroom furnished with antiques and completed by the ancient wooden parquet floor which makes it even warmer and welcoming, one single bedroom with original cotto floors and a glass door to the balcony offering spectacular views. The suite is completed by a small but delicious private bathroom with shower which wasn’t changed to maintain the original characteristics of the house. A cosy paintings exposition corner introduce you to the Ardesia (local stone) stairways decorated with a wooden library which accompany you upstairs where the last romantic isolated double bedroom and bathroom with bathtub await you. The villa offers TVsat, CD-player and Internet access, high-quality Flanders’ linen sheets and bedcovers, as well as embroidered towels and bathrobes are likewise all provided.
- Ground floor:Fully equipped kitchen connected with a private patio and garden, large living/dining room, 1 double bedroom with unique view, 1 little living room, 1 double bedroom, 1 single bedroom, 1 bathroom with shower.
- First Floor: 1 double bedroom with en suite bathrooms with shower and bathtub.
- Lower floor outside: 1 full bathroom with shower in use for the swimming pool, laundry room.
- Square Meters: 270
- Outside: private furnished patio and garden, private olive groove, 2 old panoramic terrace, private swimming pool (12×5,50 Deep: 1,20/1,80) , panoramic views.
- Private parking: 2 cars
Encircled by shady olive trees and fully appointed with sunshades, lounges and other garden furniture, the private huge parc makes an ideal venue for sunbathing or al fresco dining. A second, more intimate terrace, furnished with table and chairs and oriental style sofas , forms another perfect spot for outdoor relaxation. In addition to these, the warm waters of the enticing outdoor pool invite you to bathe at leisure amid beautiful natural surroundings, bordered by orchards and aromatic plants. The owner Francesca lives in another villa restored from an old barn only about 100 metres away with her mother Letizia who spends part of the year in Egypt and part of the year in Liguria. They are always happy to help out with advice and assistance, if required, while also fully respecting your privacy.
Villa Ortensia is located within easy reach of the area’s main sights of outstanding natural beauty or historic and artistic interest, such as the following: the medieval town of Sarzana (10 mins); the Cinque Terre villages; the Gulf of Poets; Portovenere; Portofino; the Apuan Alps and the white-marble quarries of Carrara (20 mins by car); the beaches of Versilia (30 mins by car); the famous Tuscan towns of Pisa (40 mins by car), Lucca (30 mins by car) and Florence (1 hour). Many other unspoilt beaches dotted along the nearby coast can be accessed by car in about 15 mins. Regular daily ferry services operate from the local ports of Lerici, La Spezia and Marina di Carrara (15 kms away) to the Gulf of Poets; Portovenere; the Cinque Terre villages; Portofino; and Genoa.
- Closest village: Sarzana 7 kms where there are supermarkets, restaurants, wine bars, shops, banks
- Closest supermarket: Ipercoop supermarket and mall (Sarzana 7 km)
- Distance to shopping: Sarzana 7 km
- Closest restaurant: “Ottone”, “La Compagnia dei Balenieri” (Sarzana 7 km)
- Other restaurants & Pubs: Around Sarzana ( 7 km) , Lerici and Bocca di Magra 15 mins by car
- Closest beaches : Bocca di Magra 10 km, Fiascherino 11 km, Tellaro 11 km
- Nearest highway: Sarzana 9 km
- Nearest train station: Sarzana 7 km
- Nearest Airport: Pisa (PSA) 80 km
SITES OF INTEREST:
- Cinque Terre by boat: Ferry companies depart daily from the local porst of Bocca di Magra, Lerici, La Spezia
- Timetable and information: http://www.navigazionegolfodeipoeti.it/
- Cinque Terre by train: Trains depart daily from La Spezia, Sarzana
- Timetable and information: Treni Italia
- Towns & Villages: Sarzana 7 km, Bocca di Magra: 13,8 km, Lerici/Golfo dei Poeti: 12 km, Fiascherino/Tellaro: 14,8 km, Portovenere: 30 km, Portofino: 80 km, Genova: 100 km, Carrara/marble quarries: 25 km, Versilia/Forte dei Marmi: 35 km, Pisa: 70 km, Lucca: 60, Firenze: 120 km.
- All linen and towels
- Pool towels
- All utilities
- WiFi Internet Access
- Water, gas, electricity
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Security Deposit € 700,00 to be paid in Euro on arrival
- Final cleaning € 180,00
- Rentals are Saturday to Saturday
- Short rentals considered on request
- Arrival between 4 and 8 p.m.
- Departure by 10.00.
- Car essential
- Child friendly
- Pets welcome
|Alarm System||Living Room|
|Iron & Board||Washing Machine|
|Linens Provided||Wireless Internet|
|4 Ring Stove||Microwave|
|Dishes & Utensils||Pantry Items|
|Dining||Seating For 10 People|
|Dvd Player||Satellite / Cable|
|Private Pool (12×5,50)||Private garden|
|Deck / Patio||Parasol|
|Garden Table & Chairs||Porch / Veranda|
|Lawn / Garden|
|Boat/ yacht charter||Guided excursions|
|Cooking service||Private Chef|
|Extra Maid Service||Private Driver|
|Live Theater||Water Parks|
|Local Services & Businesses:|
|Fitness Center||Medical Services|
|Sports & Activities:|
|Disco Club||Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling|
|Jet Skiing||Water Skiing|
|Mountain Biking||Whale Watching|
|Outlet Shopping||Whitewater Rafting|
[booking type=5 nummonths=1]