Sleeps 11 to 12
San Lorenzo di Moriano, Lucca Tuscany, Italy
Nestled on the beautiful hills just 10 minutes away from Lucca’s famous ancient walls, Villa I Cipressi was probably first built in the 15th century as a church and a monastery. This supposition is confirmed by the design of the garden with its columns and walkways and for three stone arches on the southern facade. The first exact record as a house dates from 1690 when the powerful Mansi family owned it.
Many centuries have gone by and today the Villa, having undergone a 3 year restoration ended in 2015, is now a gorgeous home ready to host guest who are looking for a relaxing place to stay while visiting Tuscany.
Luscious gardens and 3 Ha of olive groves, a lovely swimming pool with barbecue area, a gym, A/C, WiFi Internet, al fresco dining area, everything is here for your well being.
Apart from enjoying Lucca which is lovely, our location is an ideal spot where to start all your visits to Tuscany and surrounding regions. Pisa is only 40 min. away, Florence 60 min, Forte dei Marmi, Viareggio and their beautiful beaches are just 30 min away.
In the summer season Lucca hosts a very nice modern music festival, Torre del Lago hosts various Puccini concerts and all of Tuscany is packed with all sorts of cultural events.
You can go to Pietrasanta in 30 min. for a full immersion in modern art and there are too many places to visit to list them all here.
You can even opt for a winter vacation, Abetone ski resort is just one hour away.
Its long history goes back to Etruscan and Ancient Roman times, and the city retains pieces of Ancient architecture. Lucca’s great era was in the Gothic era just before the Renaissance, and the city contains much marvelous architecture from that era. Lucca’s current defensive walls were designed by Leonardo Da Vinci and were never breached. Lucca remained an independent city state until the end of the 18th century. Giacomo Puccini, one of italian worldwide known opera composers, was born in Lucca.
The area of most interest to visitors is still enclosed within the old city defensive wall. The top of these broad walls is a ring park, a pleasant place for walking.
- Roman amphitheater – To be found off the Via Fillungo, main entrance by Piazza Scarpellini. The remains of the amphitheater are gone. The houses there are of medieval origin, built where the spectator stands were. The amphitheatre hosts concerts and many international performers including Van Morrison and The Eagles have played here.
- Duomo di San Martino, Piazza di San Martino. Romanesque cathedral dating to 14th century. Contains the must-see Volto Santo and Ilaria del Carretto’s Sarcophagus (Note you have to pay to see this) – By Jacopo della Quercia. Includes a sculpture of the crucifixion attributed to an eyewitness, Nicodemus. Some interesting carvings in the marble exterior, including a labyrinth.
- Torre Guinigi – this is a tower with trees atop it, a very dramatic sight, with good views of the city. No lift, many stairs.
- Torre delle Ore – ancient clock tower with original clock still working; is it possible to go upstairs on this tower too (beautiful view on the city, good perspective of Fillungo street).
- Palazzo Mansi.
- Saint Michael’s Church– Located in center of the Roman Forum
- Saint Frediano’s Church
- Via Fillungo Main street full of shops and bars.
- Palazzo Pfanner, Via degli Asili. Preserved rooms formerly inhabited by the Pfanner family, as well as a pleasant garden. Also on display, some 19th century medical equipment.
- Piazza Napoleone, Lucca’s largest square. Contains the large Palazzo Ducale, now a government building.
- Domus Romana, remains of an old Roman home, have been partially excavated, and may be seen at via Cesare Battisi 15 (at via San Giorgio.
Forte dei Marmi
With its beaches and its sea (blue flag certified), hills, parks and Apuan St. Flushing, Forte dei Marmi Versilia is one of the ideal destinations for a vacation of relaxation and nature. Here you will find many opportunities to spend a wonderful holiday. You could spend your time on our beaches or hiking in the Apuan Alps or in parks, or walk over the splendid avenues of Marina di Pietrasanta, Lido di Camaiore and Viareggio enjoy our fresh seafood in a typical restaurant, and finally let yourself down into the fun of life night where the lights of night are linked with those of the morning.
Forte dei Marmi
is now pioneering an elite tourism, a worldliness that preserves its original splendor. Good food and clean sea make always a point of reference for those seeking an exclusive holiday.
With the several attractions in Forte Dei Marmi available to tourists, Forte Dei Marmi must dos are galore. Located in the Lucca province of Tuscany, Italy, Fort Dei Marmi is a quaint sea town thriving on tourism. Forte Dei Marmi attracts several tourists who come here to enjoy their vacation by the pristine sandy beaches and enjoy shopping in the exclusive designer boutiques (or the flea markets available all over the place). Given below are top five must dos while in Forte Dei Marmi.
Forte Dei Marmi Beaches
One of the first beach resorts in Italy Forte Dei Marmi is very popular among the rich and beautiful people. People from around the world, especially from Milan, Russia, Florence and Germany, flock to Forte Dei Marmi to enjoy the sand and sun among other things that the city has to offer. The fine sand and the calm and clean waters of the beach make it an ideal place for children and one of the best in Europe. The beach has several club houses, which offer sun bathing decks and other amenities to their guests. You can choose to play in the water, or just enjoy watching the kids play and relax.
Forte Dei Marmi Flea Market
Forte Dei Marmi is a shoppers paradise. Apart from the exclusive boutique showrooms or Made in Italy tags, it is also famous for its flea markets. The Forte Dei Marmi flea market opens every Wednesday from 8.00 to 14.30 at Piazza Macroni near the city center. Traders from all over Italy come over to display their wares. Everything under the sun, from crockery to branded designer wear, is available at this flea market for bargain prices. During summers when the tourist inflow increases, this market is open even on Sundays. This is the perfect place to shop, as you get the best of Italy.
Forte Dei Marmi is also known as the Fort of Marbles, a name that it received as it was the main marble deposit area in ancient times. The only constructions available then were a warehouse and wharf to transport the marbles. The Marble Warehouse is one of the very first constructions in Forte Dei Marmi built in 1618. Its remains are still visible in the city. The old wharfs remains are also visible in the sea, stretching over 300 meters and offering a great view of the city.
- Main house: Country house of 15th / 16th Century on three levels, restored at highest level. Garden, gym, swimming pool, orangery. Staff.
- Ground floor: Entrance, 1 library / TV room, 1 dining room, 1 office, 1 laundry room, 1 kitchen, 1 guest bathroom
- First floor: Main entrance, 1 lounge, 1 sitting room, 1 master bedroom with 1 bathroom and walk-in closet, 1 study / double room with 1 bath and walk-in closet
- Second floor: a complete apartment with 4 Double rooms, 3 bathrooms, 1 kitchen, 1 living room. Entrance hall. It can be rented alone.
- Square Meters: 450
- Outside: Swimming pool (10×3 mt) , garden and relax area
- Private parking: 4 cars
- Closest village: Pieve di San Lorenzo di Moriano 1 km
- Closest town: Lucca 9 km
- Distance to shopping: Esselunga 2,4 km Via di Sant’Antonio in Saltocchio, Capannori
- Closest restaurant: Ristorante “Butterfly” 2,6 km,
- Other restaurants & pubs: Da Pasquale, Locanda Il Cavallino Bianco, Le Bontà sas Lucca 9 km
- Closest beaches/sea: Viareggio 32 km, Forte dei Marmi 43 km
- Closest bus stop: 1 km
- Nearest highway: Lucca 9 km
- Nearest train station: Lucca 9 km
- Nearest Airport: Pisa (PSA) 40 km
SITES OF INTEREST:
- Cinque Terre: ferry companies depart daily from the Marina of Lerici
Shedules and information: http://www.navigazionegolfodeipoeti.it/
- Beaches: Forte dei Marmi 43 km, Cinque Terre: 30 mins by ferry boat from La Spezia, Portofino: 40 mins by Ferry Boat from La Spezia
- Places to see: Lucca: 9 km, Viareggio: 32 km, Montecatini Terme 34 km, Pisa 40 km, Forte dei Marmi: 43 km, Carrara/marble quarries: 60 km, Firenze 82 km, Lerici: 83 Km, Fiascherino/Tellaro: 86 km, Cinque Terre: 100 km by car, Portovenere 97 km, Portofino: 184 km, Genova: 198 km,
|Mid low season|| 8.300,00|
|03-jan-2016 – 30-apr-2016|
|01-may-2016 – 25-jun-2016|
|High season|| 10.400,00|
|26-jun-2016 – 03-sep-2016|
|04-sep-2016 – 1-oct-2016|
- All linen and towels
- All utilities
- Alarm system
- WiFi Internet Access
- Water, gas, electricity
- Use of Gym
- Use of Laundry
- Use of Pool
- Gardener (weekly)
- The price includes also: Staff (1 person 4 hours / day for breakfast and clear up )
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Security Deposit 2.000,00 to be paid in Euro by cash on arrival and refunded at the end of the holiday.
- Final cleaning 200,00
- Heating on consumption (in case of 1 month rent)
- 1 week minimun stay
- Rentals are Saturday to Saturday
- Short rentals considered on request
- Arrival between 5 and 8 p.m.
- Departure by 10.00 a.m.
- Car essential
- No pets allowed
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
A 2000.00/month cash deposit has to be payd at arrival . A member of our personnel will be present when you leave the property. The deposit will be returned to you less the repair or replacement cost of missing, broken or damaged objects. Keys will be provided for the serviced apartments and are to be returned in line with the departure terms as above.
|Linens Provided||Washing Machine|
|Living Room||Wireless Internet|
|4 Ring Stove||Kettle|
|Dishes & Utensils||Refrigerator|
|Dining||Seating For 12 People|
|Deck / Patio||Parasol|
|Garden Table & Chairs||Pool|
|Boat/ yacht charter||Guided excursions|
|Cooking Service||Private Driver|
|Live Theater||Water Parks|
|Disco Club||Sight Seeing|
|Outlet Shopping||Water Sports|
|Local Services & Businesses:|
|Fitness Center||Medical Services|
|Sports & Activities:|
|Disco Club||Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling|
|Horseback Riding||Water Skiing|
|Jet Skiing||Whale Watching|
|Mountain Biking||Whitewater Rafting|