Villa Rubinia Montemarcello Liguria, Italy
Montemarcello, Cinque Terre Liguria
Sleeping four people this pretty country villa recently restored occupies a privileged hillside position right at the gates of the old charming village of Montemarcello located on the borders between Liguria and Tuscany, at just a stones throw from the Cinque Terre natural reserve. Its peaceful countryside location enjoys utmost privacy and seclusion. The house is a part of a private estate surrounded by olive groves enjoying extensive views over the Mediterranean Sea. Villa Rubinia has been meticulously restored in 2009 by the owners who also live in the estate in a separate independent home. It provides all modern comforts, while at the same time preserving its typical Ligurian design with the warm and soft tones of the walls and furniture. The elegant details add a special touch of class and distinction to this property, where tradition blends harmoniously with sea, sun and relaxation!
The villa extends over ground-floor level. From the garden and the lovely patio French doors lead straight into the elegant bright living-dining room, which integrates both living and dining sections. The spacious interior is tastefully furnished with care and attention to the details, an antique stone fireplace, a comfortable sofa and chairs, whose colour-scheme harmoniously complements the traditional floors. Adjacent there is the fully equipped kitchen with all modern appliances.
A little corridor leads to the two bedrooms tastefully and stylishly furnished and decorated throughout and careful attention has been paid to every detail of comfort and convenience a guest could require. Each bedroom is fitted with ceiling- fans and has modern ensuite bathroom with shower. Both have romantic windows looking out on to the flowering garden.
The villa offers all modern comforts such as wireless internet, satellite tv, dvd, stereo system, washing machine, dishwasher, safe and mosquito screens. The furnishings have all been carefully chosen to create a bright and airy atmosphere.
- Ground floor: entrance, living/dining room, fully equipped kitchen, 2 double bedrooms with 2 en suite bathrooms with shower.
- Square Meters: 80
- Outside: private furnished patio, garden, swimming pool (3×5)
- Public parking: (100 m)
Due to the exclusive location of the villa you cant reach it by car which can be parked 100 meters away. When you arrive at the property an iron gate welcomes you and introduces you to the totally private grounds of the villa.
The patio is fully equipped with table and chairs to enjoy al fresco dining and spend time in complete relaxation sipping a glass of wine.
The meticulously tended lawns of the well-kept garden are accessed directly from every door of the villa and extend right down to the low, stone, perimeter wall, which opens out on to the magnificent scenic backdrop of the peaceful green valley and the turquoise Mediterranean beyond. The grass is dotted with ancient shade-giving olive trees and other mature trees, together with rosemary bushes, lavender and bright flowering plants.
Immersed in the green garden stands the pool surrounded by a perfectly manicured lawn. It is completed by elegant wooden garden forniture with sun lounges and sun umbrellas.
Everything at Villa Rubinia is perfectly in place to create the ideal setting for your wonderful vacation!
Please note: The property-owner herself resides in the converted farmhouse building situated in the same estate. However, each house are totally independent and its own private entrance and garden and it goes without saying that the property-owner is at all times fully respectful of her guests privacy.
This propertys extraordinarily peaceful setting, where utmost privacy is guaranteed, will probably make you reluctant to venture far afield! However, if you do wish to explore the natural and historic attractions of this scenically outstanding area, this location makes it an ideally strategic base.
The seashore is about 10 minutes by car or you can reach the seaside below in a 20 minutes walk only suitable for well trained hikers.
The charming old fishing villages of Tellaro, Fiascherino and Lerici, now sophisticated luxury resorts, with fine beaches and excellent restaurants, are about 10 kms away. The panoramic coastal road leading to the villa winds its way uphill through luxuriant, seductively aromatic Mediterranean maquis vegetation and takes you through a string of picturesque little villages hugging the coastline.
Monte Marcello is the nearest village walking distance from the villa 100 meters away where you can find restaurants, bars and grocery shops. Regular ferry services run from the nearby port of Lerici to connect with such enticing seaside destinations as Portovenere and the Cinque Terre villages; while further inland you can enjoy cultural sightseeing in the ancient Roman town of Luni, with its fascinating museum. The world-famous Carrara quarries, source of all Michelangelos superb white marble, are also situated in the near vicinity.
The splendid historic cities of Genoa, Lucca and Pisa are all about an hours drive away, while Florence is approximately 1 hour and half away by car.
- Closest town: Montemarcello 100 meters where there are grocery shops, restaurants and bars
- Distance to shopping: 100 m
- Closest restaurant: 5 mins walk
- Other restaurants & Pubs: around Montemarcello at 5 mins by car or Lerici at 10 minutes
- Closest beaches/sea: Bocca di Magra 7 km, Lerici 14 km Fiascherino/Tellaro 16 km
- Nearest highway: Sarzana 14 km
- Nearest train station: Sarzana 14 km
- Nearest Airport: Pisa (PSA) 78 km
SITES OF INTEREST:
- Cinque Terre by train: Trains depart daily from La Spezia
- Timetable and information: Treni Italia
- Cinque Terre by boat: Ferry companies depart daily from the local port of Lerici
- Timetable and information: http://www.navigazionegolfodeipoeti.it/
- Beaches: Bocca di Magra, Fiascherino, Tellaro, San Terenzo 10 minutes by car
- Towns & Villages: Lerici/Golfo dei Poeti: 14 km, Fiascherino/Tellaro: 16 km, Bocca di Magra: 7 km, Sarzana: 14,5 km, Portovenere: 31,7 km, Portofino: 96 km, Genova: 100 km, Carrara/marble quarries: 35 km, Versilia/Forte dei Marmi: 41 km, Pisa: 79 km, Lucca: 72, Firenze: 145 km.
- All linens and towels
- Pool towels
- All utilities
- Wi-Fi Internet access
- Water, gas, electricity
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Security Deposit 400,00 to be paid in Euro cash on arrival and refunded at the end of the holiday
- Final cleaning 120,00 per week
- Heating during winter months 80,00 per week
- Rentals are Saturday to Saturday
- Short rentals considered on request
- Arrival between 4 and 8 p.m.
- Departure by 10.00.
- Car essential
- Child welcome
- Pets welcome
|Iron & Board||Washing Machine|
|Linens Provided||Wireless Internet|
|4 Ring Stove||Microwave|
|Dining||Seating For 8 People|
|Satellite / Cable|
|Private Garden||Private Pool (3×5)|
|Garden Table & Chairs||Porch / Veranda|
|Boat/Yacht Charter||Guided Excursions|
|Extra Maid Service||Private Driver|
|Nude Beach||Winery Tours|
|Disco Club||Scenic Drives|
|Horseback Riding||Sight Seeing|
|Local Services & Businesses:|
|Sports & Activities:|
|Fishing||Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling|
|Jet Skiing||Water Skiing|
|Mountain Biking||Whale Watching|
|Outlet Shopping||Whitewater Rafting|