Villa Montefrancio Castelnuovo Magra, Liguria - Italy
Sleeps 4 to 10
Castelnuovo Magra, Cinque Terre – Liguria
Comfortably sleeping 4 to 10 people, this exclusive country villa, set in a privileged position on the hillside just of the foot of the picturesque village of Castelnuovo Magra, between Liguria and Tuscany, just a stone’s throw from the Cinque Terre fishing villages and nature reserve.
The villa surrounded by olive trees affords superb views, which embrace the whole valley to the shimmering waters of the Mediterranean sea. The villa has been carefully restored and renovated with fine traditional materials and fabrics of the highest quality to offer all modern comforts. The owners have put their personal touch and care in every single detail and the nuances used give the house a bright and airy feel.
- Ground floor: large living room/ dining area with access to a large terrace area, kitchen, fireplace, 1 Laundry room, 1 family bathroom
- First floor: 1 double master bedroom, 1 bathroom with bath tub, 1 double room, 1 single bedroom
- Lower floor: kitchen open space with dining/living room, 2 double bedrooms, 1 twin room, porch with garden
- Square Meters: 310
- Outside: private garden and park (5.000 sm) fully equipped large terrace with panoramic views
- Private parking: 4/5 cars
The large terrace extends to a shaded open living area. Here armchairs and a large dining table offer wonderful relaxation, leisurely breakfasts and the perfect setting for romantic evening dinners overlooking the valley and the sea. The carefully garden is full of colorful flowers and mediterranean trees, with shady areas for enjoying the refreshing sea breeze and the exceptional views.
For seaside and sun lovers, for families and groups of friends, Villa Montefrancio is the ideal base to visit Liguria and part of Tuscany and discover the excellent local food. Not to mention that you can reach the seaside 10 minutes by car, both the wild beaches in the Cinque Terre and the more elegant ones of Versilia. Moreover thanks to the villa’s strategic location you can easily reach interesting tourist and cultural sights both in Liguria and in Tuscany: Portovenere and the marvellous Cinque Terre, Golfo dei Poeti (Poets’Gulf), Portofino and Genova.
Handy ferries to Cinque Terre, the islands Palmaria and Tino, Portovenere and Portofino depart daily from the local ports of Bocca di Magra , Lerici and Marina di Carrara (10 km ).
Forte dei Marmi and Viareggio famous for its boutiques and night life (20 minutes) Carrara’s marble quarries (30 minutes), Pietrasanta, the historical and artistic capital of Versilia with the most famous statuary shops (30 minutes by car), Lucca (50 minutes) Pisa (50 minutes) Florence (1 hour and 30)
CASTELNUOVO MAGRA AREA
The area around Castelnuovo caters to many different tastes, offering a wealth of leisure-time pursuits for people of all ages. Watersports enthusiasts can swim, windsurf, sail and go sea-fishing in the Mediterranean, while sun-worshippers can bask idly on the unspoilt sandy beaches. The nearby inland Apuan Alps mountain range, which reaches as high as 1,750 metres above sea-level, provides extensive opportunities for leisurely walking, more strenuous hiking, serious climbing or carefree cycling in fantastic scenery.
For those fascinated by history, art and architecture, the medieval town of Sarzana, set in the valley below, invites you to explore its lovely historic centre and magnificent churches, which acquired special importance when the town took over the bishopric of Luni during the Middle Ages.
- Closest village: Castelnuovo/Molicciara (4 km) where there are supermarket, restaurants, shops, bank
- Closest Supermarket: Molicciara 4 km , “Ipercoop” Mall Sarzana
- Distance to shopping: 2 km
- Closest restaurant: 5 mins by car
- Other restaurants & Pubs: Sarzana 7 mins by car
- Closest beaches/sea: Bocca di Magra 5 km, Fiumaretta 5 km , Lerici 24 km , Fiascherino/Tellaro 27 km
- Nearest highway: Sarzana 5 Km
- Nearest train station: Sarzana 5 km
- Nearest Airport: Pisa (PSA) 50 mins by car
SITES OF INTEREST
- Cinque Terre by train: Trains depart daily from Sarzana and La Spezia
- Timetable and information: Treni Italia
- Cinque Terre by boat: Ferry companies depart daily from Lerici and the port of La Spezia
- Timetable and information: http://www.navigazionegolfodeipoeti.it/
- Beaches: Lerici, Fiascherino, San Terenzo, Bocca di Magra
- Towns & Villages: Sarzana: 5 km, Bocca di Magra: 5 km, Lerici/Golfo dei Poeti: 14 km, Fiascherino/Tellaro: 24,5 km, Portovenere: 35 km, Portofino: 90 km, Genova: 107 km, Carrara/marble quarries: 25 km, Versilia/Forte dei Marmi: 30 km, Pisa: 65 km, Lucca: 55, Firenze: 120 km.
- All linens and towels
- All utilities
- Wi Fi Internet
- Water, gas, electricity
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Final cleaning € 180,00
- Security Deposit: € 700,00 to be paid on arrival and refunded at the end of the holiday
- Rentals are Saturday to Saturday
- Short rentals considered
- Arrival between 4 and 8 p.m.
- Departure by 10.00.
- Car essential
- Child friendly
Hair Dryer, Heating, Internet, Iron & Board, Linens Provided, Living Room, Towels Provided, Washing Machine,
Coffee Maker, Oven, Dishes & Utensils, Pantry Items, Dishwasher, Refrigerator, Kitchen Stove, Microwave, Toaster
Dining, Seating For 10 People,
Books, Stereo, Dvd Player, Television, Music
Balcony, Swimming pool, Garden
Boat/Yacht Charter, Private driver, Cooking Service
Churches, Castles, Restaurants, Forests, Ruins, Museums, Water Parks, Marina, Winery Tours
Local Services & Businesses:
Atm/Bank, Hospital, Babysitter, Medical Services, Groceries,
Sports & Activities:
Cycling, Disco Club, Deepsea Fishing, Fishing, Golf, Hiking, Horseback Riding, Jet Skiing, Mountain Biking, Outlet Shopping, Paragliding, Rafting, Sailing, Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling, Swimming, Tennis, Walking, Water Skiing, Whale Watching, Whitewater, Wind-Surfing