Villa Lavanda Beverino, Liguria - Italy
Sleeps 2 to 10
Beverino, Cinque Terre – Liguria
A charming stone villa for 8 people with pool in Southern Liguria close to Le Cinque Terre, the Gulf of Poets and near the Tuscan border. Villa Lavanda is an enchanting 17th century stone house set among the hills preceding Cinque Terre.
The swimming pool at Villa Lavanda is extensively planted with wild Italian lavender that is indigenous to the area. At the height of the summer, as soon as you set foot in the entrance to the garden its delightful fragrance with its relaxing and insecticidal properties wraps its self around you, ensuring that even the most workaholic stress buckets will relax and unwind. This classic Ligurian farm house has been tastefully and lovingly restored by the owner who is an architect well known in Italy. The stone arches, chestnut beams and terracotta floors have all been preserved and brought back to their original splendor, with high-level finishing in every detail.
Relaxed, comfortable and romantic, this villa will ensure a perfect holiday.
Villa Lavanda is on two levels:
On the ground floor there is a large, fully equipped country-style kitchen and a cosy living room with a stone fireplace, Satelite television and a CD player. There is also a large bathroom with Jacuzzi on this floor.
A wooden staircase leads to the first floor in the sleeping area which has 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms.
A master bedroom with a wrought iron bed and an en suite bathroom with hydro-shower, a double bedroom with two romantic single beds (they can be put together on request), a lovely double bedroom and two large bathrooms with shower.
The first floor landing has been transformed into a large recreation room with a fine billiard-table, a telescope for star gazing and also access to the attic. The attic is an open loft space with two single beds (they can be put together on request) and a double sofa/futon bed. The fitness area with a weight and pulley training machine for fitness buffs is also in this area.
Please note that all windows have mosquito screens and all bedrooms have ceiling fans.
- Ground floor: fully equipped country-style kitchen and dining area, living room with access to a furbished patio, 1 bathroom with Jacuzzi
- First floor: 1 master bedroom with en suite bathroom with hydro-shower, 1 double bedroom, 1 double bedroom with single beds, 2 large bathrooms with shower
- Mezzanine/ loft: 1 twin bedroom , 1 double sofa bed/Futon
- Square Meters: 380
- Outside: private garden, furnished patio, 1 separate tavern with bathroom, equipped terraces, swimming pool (13×4), area for childrens games
- Private parking: 3 cars.
The garden is completely fenced ensuring total privacy. There is a beautiful covered verandah that looks onto the pool and is well furnished for dining alfresco. Its elegantly billowing sun curtains make it the perfect place for a post prandial snooze.
Close to the main entrance, but in an independent building, is charming out building with a second kitchen (known as La Taverna in Italian) it has a bar, a professional stove, a wood burning pizza oven, a large fireplace for BBQ and a table for over 10 people, as well as a bathroom you can use while in the swimming pool.
In the garden there is the swimming pool (10 x 4 meters) with sun umbrellas and wooden sun beds, as well as a small children playground. For guests use are four mountain bikes, the surrounding country side is perfectly suited for their use.
Villa Lavanda strategically located to reach all the most important parts of the Italian Riviera : Cinque Terre, Golfo dei Poeti, Portofino and Genova. It is also well located for Pisa, Lucca, Florence, Carrara and Versilia amongst other northern Tuscan attractions. There is so much to do and see you will be making a list for your next trip.
- Closest village: Beverino 2 km where there are grocery shops, bars, bank
- Closest town: La Spezia 16 Km where there are supermarkets, restaurants, wine bars, shops, markets
- Distance to shopping: 2 Km
- Closest restaurant: “La Taverna” Beverino (5 mins by car)
- Other restaurants & pubs: La Spezia 16 km, Cinque Terre (Riomaggiore) 22,5 Km, Portovenere 27 Km
- Closest beaches/sea: Cinque Terre 22,5 km, Portovenere 27 km, Lerici 29 km
- Nearest highway: S. Stefano di Magra (La Spezia) 20 Km
- Nearest train station: La Spezia 16 km
- Nearest Airport: Pisa (PSA) 97 Km
SITES OF INTEREST:
- Cinque Terre by train: Trains depart daily from La Spezia
- Timetable and information: Treni Italia
- Cinque Terre by boat: Ferry companies depart daily from the local port of La Spezia
- Timetable and information: http://www.navigazionegolfodeipoeti.it/
- Beaches: Lerici 29 km, Fiascherino/ Tellaro 30 km, Bocca di Magra 30 km
- Towns & Villages: Portovenere: 13 km, Sarzana: 21 km, Portofino: 88 km, Genova: 109 km, Carrara/marble quarries: 35 km, Versilia/Forte dei Marmi: 48 km, Lucca: 79, Pisa: 85 km, Firenze: 150 km.
- All linen and towels
- Pool towels
- All utilities
- WiFi Internet
- Water, gas, electricity
- Cleaning 3 times a week
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Security Deposit: € 700,00 to be paid in cash Euro on arrival and refunded at the end of the holiday
- Final cleaning: € 200,00
- Heating during winter months charged on consumption
- Rentals are Saturday to Saturday
- Short rentals considered on request
- Arrival between 4 and 8 p.m.
- Departure by 10.00.
- Car essential
- Child friendly
|Iron & Board||Washing Machine|
|Linens Provided||Wireless Internet|
|4 Ring Stove||Microwave|
|Dishes & Utensils||Refrigerator|
|Child’s Highchair||Seating For 12 People|
|Satellite / Cable|
|Private Garden||Private Pool (13×4)|
|Garden Table & Chairs||Outdoor Grill|
|Lawn / Garden||Parasol|
|Loggia||Porch / Veranda|
|Boat/ yacht charter||Guided excursions|
|Extra maid service||Private Driver|
|Bird Watching||Scenic Drives|
|Eco Tourism||Water Sports|
|Horseback Riding||Whale Watching|
|Local Services & Businesses:|
|Fitness Center||Medical Services|
|Sports & Activities:|
|Fishing||Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling|
|Jet Skiing||Water Skiing|
|Mountain Biking||Whale Watching|
|Outlet Shopping||Whitewater Rafting|