Villa Isotta Folegnano, Tuscany
Folegnano, Fivizzano – Tuscany, Italy
A delightful and warm home, Villa Isotta is the product of many years of meticulous and loving restoration by the previous owner who has maintained many of the original features as well as furnishing Villa Isotta elegantly and tastefully. Situated on the hillside in the hamlet of Folegnano, Villa Isotta enjoys spectacular views to the Apuan National Park in the heart of Lunigiana. This impressive casa grande is spacious and comfortable and the ambience is one of a much loved home with atmospheric kitchen, delightful loggias and scenic terraces.
Villa Isotta is built on several levels with delightful terraces and loggias where guests can enjoy dining al fresco, early evening aperitivi and lazy afternoons lying in the sun. The spacious and comfortable living room has a stunning stone fireplace and dining area leading onto a terrace from which one can gaze at the breathtaking mountains. Beyond here is a cool and peaceful tower room – ideal for siestas and reading – or for use as a futher bedroom.
The kitchen is excellently equipped with all that keen foodies could wish for including a large island made from local cardoza stone, beautiful stufa oven from Verona and large electric oven with gas hobs. The kitchen leads onto another terrace with pergola where guests can linger over lunch after a dip in the pool a couple of terraces below. Upstairs, there are three spacious and beautifully appointed double bedrooms and one twin bedroom with original tiled floors and two bathrooms/shower rooms as well as an additional bathroom on the ground floor. Steps from the kitchen terrace lead down to a delightful loggia leading to the enchanting and private cantina apartment fully equipped with kitchen and living room. The cantina apartment provides fabulous additional accommodation for larger groups as well as a playroom for families.
The gardens and terraces are stunning with olive and cypress trees, lilies, roses, lavender and juniper and the encolsed deep water pool is cleverly positioned beneath the house with plenty of sun beds and sunshades where guests can relax and unwind – a haven for switching off from the stress of modern day living.
Nearby, there is lots to explore be it the thermal pool and treatments at Equi Terme, the market at Fivizzano or walking in the Apuans. A fabulous drive or train journey takes one to medieval Lucca and only an hour away is the stunning Ligurian coast with the Cinque Terre, Portovenere and Lerici where one can savour delicious seafood and white wine.
Villa Isotta cannot be too highly recommended and is the ideal venue from which to explore the beautiful and magical region of Lunigiana.
The villa is on 2 levels
Ground floor: Kitchen with table seating 8, large terrace, large living room, with two terraces, 1 double bedroom, 1 bathroom, access to garage
First floor: Master bedroom suite, 2 further double bedrooms, 1 twin bedroom, bathroom, washing machine
Outside: Swimming pool (9mx4m), with sunbeds, large terrace facing East and South, dining terrace facing Apuan Alps with table for 8+, small shaded terrace facing West, gardens with olive and fruit trees
Large terrace facing East and South. Here the sofas a large dining table offer wonderful relaxation, leisurely breakfasts and the perfect setting for romantic evening dinners overlooking the panoramic swimming pool and out to the Apuan Alps which makes a charming accent.
- Closest city: Fivizzano 11 km where there are supermarkets, restaurants, shops, banks
- Distance to shopping: Fivizzano 11 km
- Closest restaurant: “Moulin” Pizzeria Gragnola 3 km, “La Locanda” Fivizzano 11 km, “Pasquino” Aulla 19 km
- Other restaurants: Sarzana 32 km, Lerici 43 km
- Closest beaches/sea: Lerici 43 km , Bocca di Magra 34 km., Porto Venere 53 km.,
- Nearest highway: Aulla 19 km
- Nearest train station: Aulla 19 km
- Nearest Airports: Pisa (PSA) 97 km Genova (GOA) 120 km
SITES OF INTEREST:
- Cinque Terre by train: Trains depart daily from Aulla, S. Stefano di Magra, Sarzana, La Spezia,
- Timetable and information: Treni Italia
- Cinque Terre by boat: Ferry companies depart daily from the local ports of Bocca di Magra, Lerici, La Spezia
- Timetable and information: http://www.navigazionegolfodeipoeti.it/
- Towns & Villages: Fivizzano 11 km, Aulla 19 km, Sarzana: 32 km, Porto Venere: 53 km, Portofino: 106 km, Genova: 120 km, Carrara/marble quarries: 30 km, Versilia/Forte dei Marmi: 66 km, Pisa: 97 km, Lucca: 95, Firenze: 169 km.
- All linen and towels
- Pool towels
- All utilities
- WiFi Internet Access
- Water, Gas, Electricity
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Security Deposit: Euro 500,00 to be paid in cash Euro on arrival refunded at the end of holiday
- Final cleanings: Euro 150,00
- Midweek Cleanings: Euro 150,00 (bedlinens/Towels included)
- Pets: Euro 10,00 / Day
- Heating: € 30 / day (winter season only)
- 1 week minimum stay
- Rentals are Saturday to Saturday
- Short rentals considered on request
- Arrival between 4 and 8 p.m.
- Departure by 10.00.
- Car essential
- Child friendly
- Pets welcome (on request)
Linens Provided, Hair Dryer, Parking, Heating, Towels Provided, Internet, Washing Machine, Iron & Board,
Coffee Maker, Pantry Items, Dishes & Utensils, Refrigerator, Dishwasher, Stove, Microwave, Toaster, Oven
Dining, Seating For 10/12 People
Balcony, Deck / Patio, Outdoor Grill, Private Garden, Private Pool (9×4), Porch / Veranda, Sunbed, Table and Chairs
Boat/Yacht Charter, Cooking Service, Extra Maid Service, Guided Excursions, Private Driver
Beaches, Churches, Forests, Ruins, Lakes, Rivers, Museums, Restaurants, Water Parks, Winery Tours,
Local Services & Businesses:
Atm/Bank, Babysitter, Groceries, Hospital, Massage Therapist, Medical Services,
Sports & Activities:
Cycling, Deepsea Fishing, Disco Club, Fishing, Golf, Hiking, Horseback Riding, Jet Skiing, Mountain Biking, Outlet Shopping, Paragliding, Rafting, Sailing, Scuba Diving or Snorkeling, Swimming, Tennis, Walking, Water Skiing, Whale Watching, Whitewater, Wind-Surfing