Villa Il Presidio Talamone, Grosseto - Tuscany, Italy
One of the most charming castles in Tuscany, Presidio is an ancient Spanish tower carefully restored dating back to the XVI century, built in defence from the invasions of the Saracens. This tower is wodnerfully located, south of Tuscany, on the Gulf of Talamone. The tower is only a few meters from the seaside and has direct access to a coastline area (cliffs). The property is in peaceful location and offers splendid views over the Argentario and Talamone coastline.
The tower was carefully restored with its original architectural features preserved and it was turned into an elegant private villa offering beautiful interiors furnsihed with antiques.
The outside areas provide a panoramic pool and are ideal to relax and enjoy the beautiful surrounding landscape.
Accomodation: 8 persons, 4 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms
Ground floor: entrance, dining-room with fireplace, double bedroom with ensuite bathroom with bathtub, double bedroom with ensuite bathroom with shower, dining-room, kitchen (oven, freezer, dishwasher, microwave, toaster), double bedroom with ensuite bathroom with bathtub and shower.
1st floor: large and bright living-room with fireplace providing air-conditioning, dining area with wonderful views over the coastline and access to a beautiful furnished terrace.
– In the tower (placed on 2 levels and accessible via a small staircase):
– 1st floor: double bedroom with fireplace and access, via a wooden staircase, to a room with a small bathroom with shower, wardrobe and access to a small terrace.
All of the double beds can be turned into 2 single beds.
– Private swimming-pool (6 x 4 m – open from 15/05 to 30/09)
– Access to the seaside with solarium area
– Terrace furnished with tables and chairs ideal for al-fresco dining
– The house provides telephone
– Internet connection (WI – FI)
– Satellite TV
– Mosquito nets and ceiling fans in all of the bedrooms
– Parking within the grounds
– Washing machine
Extra services included in the rental prices:
– Daily cleaning (4 hours a day) 6 days a week (Sunday excluded)
– Linen and towels change twice a week (on Wednesdays and Saturdays)
– Electricity charges
– Assistance for the organisation of guided tours
– Transfers services
– Horse-back riding
– Visits of the most important wine cellars of the area (Bolgheri – renowned Sassicaia and Ornellaia wines are produced)
– Boat tours to the beautiful Giannutri and Giglio islands.
An outbuilding comprising a living-room, 2 double bedrooms, 2 bathrooms (air-conditioning provided) is available upon request (prices on demand). This outbuilding can be rented only together with the main property.
– Talamone with all kinds of shops 1 kms
– Grosseto 25 kms
– Argentario 25 kms
– Siena 100 kms
– Rome 150 kms
– Florence 170 kms
– Pisa 80 kms