Villa Gardenia Ortonovo, Liguria - Italy
Sleeps 2 to 4
Ortonovo, Cinque Terre – Liguria
Sleeping 2 to 4 people, this elegantly converted and restored country villa was originally used as a barn in past centuries and still stands just across the courtyard from the grand farmhouse – likewise now renovated – that it once served.
Set high among the lush green hills which border Liguria and Tuscany and surrounded by a vast olive grove, it guarantees utmost privacy and seclusion and occupies the perfect spot for peaceful relaxation. In addition, the villa’s outdoor jacuzzi pool invites you to bathe at leisure in its heated waters, undisturbed by the clamour of the outside world!
From this privileged elevated position, extensive scenic views can be enjoyed, stretching right from the Apuan Alps inland to the turquoise waters of the Mediterranean. The Cinque Terre villages too are very close at hand.
The property extends over three floors, as follows: At ground-floor level, a former winter conservatory has now been transformed into a lovely, light-filled dining-room, incorporating a lounge area and kitchenette. This modern fitted kitchen is fully equipped with oven; fridge/freezer, dishwasher; toaster; and espresso and American coffee-makers. Issuing from here, the utility room accommodates a washing-machine and dryer.
Positioned just outside the dining-room, a few external steps lead you upstairs to the first-floor sleeping quarters. These consist of a romantic double bedroom, with ensuite bathroom with shower, as well as a lovely adjoining terrace, furnished with table, chairs and sunshade.
From this level a wooden staircase proceeds to the top floor, where the second double bedroom is located, complete with its own ensuite bathroom with shower and a luxurious sauna, for when you feel like pampering yourself!
The house is tastefully and stylishly furnished and decorated throughout and careful attention has been paid to every detail of comfort and convenience a guest could require. Both bedrooms are fitted with air-conditioning; Sat.TV; CD-player; and mini-bar. The first-floor bedroom also provides a safe. Embroidered towels and bathrobes are likewise supplied. At the further disposal of guests are the following: a cell phone; breakfast provided, but not served; organic produce from the villa’s vegetable garden.
Villetta Gardenia is indeed surrounded by an extensive garden, brightly planted with colorful, scented seasonal flowers. Beyond this, a large olive grove forms a restful backdrop. An elegant wooden gazebo, appointed with table and wickerwork chairs, allows you to enjoy this beautiful natural setting in welcome shade or to linger over breakfast, lunch or dinner al fresco. Completing this idyllic scene is the spacious, warm-water jacuzzi (3×3 metres), encircled by tempting sunshades and comfortable loungers, and with its own hot, outdoor shower alongside.
Please note: The property-owners themselves reside in the converted farmhouse building situated in the same grounds, just a few metres from Villetta Gardenia. However, each house has its own private entrance and garden and it goes without saying that the property-owners are at all times fully respectful of their guests’ privacy.
- Ground floor: Kitchen/living room connected with a private garden and gazebo, Jacuzzi pool with hot water
- First Floor: 1 double bedroom with air conditioning, en suite bathrooms with shower and private terrace
- Second floor: 1 double bedroom with air conditioning and en suite bathroom with shower and Sauna
- Square Meters: 80
- Outside: private furnished gazebo and garden, 1 terrace, Jacuzzi pool (3×3), panoramic views
- Private parking: 2 cars
Villetta Gardenia is located within easy reach of the area’s main sights of outstanding natural beauty or historic and artistic interest, such as the following: the Cinque Terre villages; the Gulf of Poets; Portovenere; Portofino; the Apuan Alps and the white-marble quarries of Carrara (15 mins by car); the beaches of Versilia (20 mins by car); the famous Tuscan towns of Pisa (30 mins by car), Lucca (30 mins by car) and Florence (1 hour). Many other unspoilt beaches dotted along the nearby coast can be accessed by car in about 10 mins. egular daily ferry services operate from the local port of Marina di Carrara (8 kms away) to the Gulf of Poets; Portovenere; the Cinque Terre villages; and Portofino. Swimming pools, tennis courts and a renowned, top-quality seafood restaurant are available at the “Club Muraglione” leisure complex, situated 4 kms away.
- Closest village: Casano (2 km) where there is a small supermarket, a pharmacy, post office and shops.
- Distance to shopping: “Conad” Supermarket – Molicciara 8 km , “Esselunga” Mall – Carrara 9 Km
- Closest restaurant: “La Chioccia d’Oro”, Ortonovo 5 km
- Other restaurants & Pubs: Around Ortonovo 10 mins by car or Sarzana 15 mins by car
- Closest beaches/sea: Bocca di Magra 15 km , Fiascherino 23 km, Tellaro 23,5 km
- Nearest highway: Carrara 10 km, Sarzana 12 km
- Nearest train station: Sarzana 12 km
- Nearest Airport: Pisa (PSA) 63 km
SITES OF INTEREST
- Cinque Terre by boat: Ferry companies depart daily from the local ports of Bocca di Magra, Marina di Carrara, Lerici
- Timetable and information: http://www.navigazionegolfodeipoeti.it/
- Cinque Terre by train: Trains depart daily from La Spezia, Sarzana, Santo Stefano di Magra
- Timetable and information: Treni Italia
- Beaches: 10/15 mins by car
- Town & Villages: Sarzana 12 km, Bocca di Magra: 10,5 km, Lerici/Golfo dei Poeti: 17 km, Fiascherino/Tellaro: 24,5 km, Portovenere: 30 km, Portofino: 90 km, Genova: 107 km, Carrara/marble quarries: 14 km, Versilia/Forte dei Marmi: 30 km, Pisa: 63 km, Lucca: 50, Firenze: 110 km.
- All linen and towels
- Pool towels
- All utilities
- WI FI Internet Access
- Air conditioning
- Water, gas, electricity
- Final cleaning
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Security Deposit € 300,00 to be paid in cash Euro on arrival and refunded at the end of the holiday
- Heating during winter months according to consumption
- Rentals are Saturday to Saturday
- Short rentals considered
- Arrival between 4 and 8 p.m.
- Departure by 10.00.
- Car essential
- Child friendly
|Iron & Board||Washing Machine|
|Linens Provided||Wireless Internet|
|4 Ring Stove||Microwave|
|Dishes & Utensils||Refrigerator|
|Dining||Seating For 6 People|
|Books||Satellite / Cable|
|Private Garden||Private Pool Jacuzzi 3×3|
|Garden Table & Chairs||Porch / Veranda|
|Boat/ yacht charter||Guided excursions|
|Cooking Service||Private Driver|
|Live Theater||Theme Parks|
|Disco Club||Sight Seeing|
|Outlet Shopping||Water Sports|
|Local Services & Businesses:|
|Fitness Center||Medical Services|
|Sports & Activities:|
|Fishing||Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling|
|Horseback Riding||Water Skiing|
|Jet Skiing||Whale Watching|
|Mountain Biking||Whitewater Rafting|