Villa Belvedere Via Prulla, Sarzana, Liguria
Sleeps 2 to 7
2 Bedrooms, 2 Bathrooms
Sarzana, Italian Riviera – Liguria, Italy
Character and stylish villa with extensive land and 2 outbuildings set in a dominant position with views over the countryside to the coast.
Designed with architectural flair the villa offers bright and comfortable accommodation set in a peaceful location in the hills above the medieval market town of Sarzana. The house is entered from the garden to a portico opening onto the main entrance leading to the open-space with living, kitchen and dining area with a feature overhanging walk way there is also a utility room on this level. Upstairs there are 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms and a bright study area opening onto the garden. The kitchen includes marble work surfaces and double sink. The floors are tiled with the local slate and wood and the feature walkway combines steel with warm wood. All the rooms have been designed to take advantage of the view and the living area has large glass doors opening onto the garden. The house has been built with attention to energy efficiency and has under floor heating and a high degree of wall and roof insulation. Connected to broad band internet and utilities.
There are 2 further buildings on the land of which one can be converted to further living accommodation. Sarzana is a vibrant medieval market town with large elegant central piazza and cobbled lanes meandering through the town flanked with coffee shops and antique stores. During the summer months Sarzana often hosts festivals from dining in the piazza to concerts to open air events stages along the lanes. Both the coastal areas of Versilia and the Gulf of the Poets are 7 km away with good public transport connections. Sarzana also has a station with direct trains to Pisa, Florence, the Cinque Terre and Genova. The Gulf of the Poets is an enclave with a group of three islands at its tip, fishing villages with exceptional fish restaurants, as well as opportunities for sailing, canoeing, snorkelling or just relaxing on one of the beaches hidden in craggy bays around Fiascherino or Tellaro. The easiest way to get around the gulf is by boat which runs between Lerici, La Spezia and Portovenere or on to The Cinque Terre. The name Gulf of the Poets is from the literary connection as some of the world’s most famous poets including Shelley, Byron and D H Lawrence lived here at some time.
Villa Belvedere is located within easy reach of the area’s main sights of outstanding natural beauty or historic and artistic interest, such as the following: the medieval town of Sarzana (10 mins), the Cinque Terre villages, the Gulf of Poets, Portovenere, Portofino, the Apuan Alps and the white-marble quarries of Carrara (20 mins by car), the beaches of Versilia (30 mins by car), the famous Tuscan towns of Pisa (40 mins by car), Lucca (30 mins by car) and Florence (1 hour).
Many other unspoilt beaches dotted along the nearby coast can be accessed by car in about 15 mins. Regular daily ferry services operate from the local ports of Lerici, La Spezia and Marina di Carrara (15 kms away) to the Gulf of Poets, Portovenere, the Cinque Terre villages, Portofino, and Genoa.
- Closest village: Sarzana 7 kms where there are supermarkets, restaurants, wine bars, shops, banks
- Closest supermarket: Ipercoop supermarket and mall (Sarzana 7 km )
- Distance to shopping: Sarzana 7 km
- Closest restaurant: “Ottone”, “La Compagnia dei Balenieri” (Sarzana 7 km)
- Other restaurants & Pubs: Around Sarzana ( 7 km) , Lerici and Bocca di Magra 15 mins by car
- Closest beaches : Bocca di Magra 10 km, Fiascherino 14,8 km., Tellaro 14,8 km
- Nearest highway: Sarzana 9 km
- Nearest train station: Sarzana 7 km
- Nearest Airport: Pisa (PSA) 80 km
SITES OF INTEREST:
- Cinque Terre by boat: Ferry companies depart daily from the local porst of Bocca di Magra, Lerici, La Spezia
- Timetable and information: http://www.navigazionegolfodeipoeti.it/
- Cinque Terre by train: Trains depart daily from La Spezia, Sarzana
- Timetable and information: Treni Italia
- Towns & Villages: Sarzana 7 km, Bocca di Magra: 13,8 km, Lerici/Golfo dei Poeti: 12 km, Fiascherino/Tellaro: 14,8 km, Portovenere: 30 km, Portofino: 80 km, Genova: 100 km, Carrara/marble quarries: 25 km, Versilia/Forte dei Marmi: 35 km, Pisa: 70 km, Lucca: 60, Firenze: 120 km.
|Alarm System||Living Room|
|Iron & Board||Washing Machine|
|Linens Provided||Wireless Internet|
|4 Ring Stove||Microwave|
|Dishes & Utensils||Pantry Items|
|Dining||Seating For 8 People|
|Dvd Player||Satellite / Cable|
|Deck / Patio||Loggia|
|Garden Table & Chairs||Outdoor Grill|
|Lawn / Garden||Parasol|
|Porch / Veranda|
|Boat/ yacht charter||Guided excursions|
|Cooking service||Private Chef|
|Extra Maid Service||Private Driver|
|Live Theater||Water Parks|
|Local Services & Businesses:|
|Fitness Center||Medical Services|
|Sports & Activities:|
|Disco Club||Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling|
|Jet Skiing||Water Skiing|
|Mountain Biking||Whale Watching|
|Outlet Shopping||Whitewater Rafting|