Villa Ambrosia Via Maggiano, La Spezia Italy
Sleeps 8, 4 Bedrooms, 3 bathrooms
La Spezia, Cinque Terre – Liguria
A delightful country villa for 8 people on a sunny hill close to the Cinque Terre with beautiful seaview of the entire Gulf of Poets.
Villa Ambrosia is located in a small hillside fraction of La Spezia that dominates the city and it’s beautiful gulf. Surrounded by olive groves, this typical Ligurian farmhouse is the result of a two year restoration process where the owners have maintained all of the homes original features. During the restoration process they slowly discovered wood beams,stone walls and brick archways which had been covered by years of plaster and paint. These original features have now become one of the property’s highlights along with it’s beautiful views of the Poets Gulf from almost every window.
From the villas spacious terrace and manicured garden, guests may enter directly into the ground floor. Upon entering the ground floor to the left is a spacious living room that has two large sofas and a flat screen television with some satellite channels including BBC. Just beside the living room is the dining area which is furnished with an antique table and seats up to 8 guests. To the right of the dining room is the delightful country style kitchen which is fully equipped with a dishwasher,a professional gas stove top and electric oven,microwave, toaster,coffee maker and a small cantina.
From the dining room the staircase leads guests up to the first floor which can also be reached directly through the villas front door. The first floor is composed of two bedrooms and one bathroom. One of the bedrooms has a king size bed (1.80×1.90 cm) and the second bedroom has two singles which can be made together upon request. From all of the beds there is a wonderful sea view. The spacious bathroom on this floor has a double vanity and a spacious shower. The second floor of the villa is composed of two bedrooms each with their own spacious ensuite bathrooms. The “master suite” is very large and has a king size bed from which guests can enjoy a beautiful sea view. The master suite’s bathroom has a characteristic Victorian style tub with a hand held shower. From the fourth bedroom , guests will still enjoy a sea view from the king size bed and the ensuite bathroom has a double vanity and a spacious shower. Just outside of the villas front door is the entrance to the separate laundry room which has been furnished with a large washing machine, a dryer, an ironing board/iron, a linen closet and an antique marble sink.
The owners have used many precious antiques along with high quality materials like oak floors, travertine, and handmade tiles to create a comfortable country atmosphere with all of today’s modern comforts. The villa has wireless internet throughout. There is also an herb garden for those who enjoy cooking and cooking classes can be arranged directly at the villa upon request.
- Ground floor: Spacious living room, dining room, fully equipped country style kitchen
- First floor: 1 double bedroom, 1 double bedroom with twin beds, 1 bathroom with double vanity and spacious shower.
- Second floor: 1 double bedroom with en suite bathroom with tub and shower, 1 double bedroom with en suite bathroom with shower.
- Square Meters: 250
- Outside: laundry room, private furnished patio and garden, panoramic views.
- Parking: off street
Just beside the villa, is an antique pathway, that either leads down to La Spezia or farther up the hills with different points of interest such as the grotta of Bocca Lupara . For the more adventurous, the pathway leads as far as the panoramic pathway no.1 of the CinqueTerre where one may choose to go left towards Portovenere or right towards the villages of the CinqueTerre… a long hike! The Colle del Telegrafo (point of departure for the CinqueTerre pathways) can also be reached by car in about 10 minutes from the villa.
The actual towns of the CinqueTerre may be reached from the villa either by car, by ferry, or by train. The train station in La Spezia is only a five minute drive from the villa and trains depart almost every hour for the CinqueTerre. The ferry dock is also only about 10 minutes from the villa and is probably the most panoramic alternative.
Although the CinqueTerre towns are better known, also the towns of Portovenere, Lerici, Fiascherino, and Montemarcello are all well worth visiting and all within 20-30 minutes by car from the villa. Lucca, Florence, and Pisa are also all feasible day trips.
The owner has been catering to foreign travelers for over 10 years and has an extra touch at acknowledging some of the seemingly small details that make a lot of difference when traveling away from home. She takes extra care in providing a house book full of local information and activities and is always available for any special requests such as cooking courses at the villa, meals prepared at the villa by a local cook, and an American tour guide specialized in the local Cinque Terre pathways, local museums, and art cities.
- Closest village: La Spezia (6 km) where there are supermarkets, restaurants, wine bars, shops, market
- Distance to shopping: 6 Km
- Closest restaurant: 1,5 km 10 mins walk
- Other restaurants & pubs: Portovenere 10 km, Lerici 10 km
- Closest beaches/sea: ortovenere 10 km, Lerici 10 km
- Nearest highway: S. Stefano di Magra (La Spezia) 18 Km
- Nearest train station: La Spezia 6 Km
- Nearest Airport: Pisa (PSA) 85 km
SITES OF INTEREST:
- Cinque Terre by train: Trains depart daily from La Spezia
- Timetable and information: Treni Italia
- Cinque Terre by boat: Ferry companies depart daily from the local port of La Spezia
- Timetable and information: http://www.navigazionegolfodeipoeti.it/
- Beaches: 10/15 mins by car
- Towns & Villages: Portovenere: 10 Km, Lerici/Golfo dei Poeti: 10 Km, Sarzana: 22 Km, Portofino: 85 Km, Genova 107 km, Versilia/Forte dei Marmi: 48 km, Carrara/marble quarries: 40 km, Lucca: 79 km, Pisa: 90 km, Firenze: 150 km.
- All linen and utilities
- Pool towels
- WI FI Internet Access
- Air conditioning
- Water, gas, electricity
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Final cleaning € 180,00
- Heating weekly charge € 150,00 – available year round if necessary
- Security Deposit: € 500,00 to be paid in Euro on arrival
- Rentals are Saturday to Saturday
- Short rentals considered on request
- Arrival between 4 and 8 p.m.
- Departure by 10.00.
- Car essential
- Child friendly
- Pets allowed
|Air Conditioning||Parking Off Street|
|Iron & Board||Washing Machine|
|Linens Provided||Wireless Internet|
|4 Ring Stove||Kitchen|
|Dishes & Utensils||Oven|
|Child’s Highchair||Seating For 12 People|
|Satellite / Cable|
|Private Garden||Private Pool|
|Balcony||Lawn / Garden|
|Deck / Patio||Parasol|
|Garden Table & Chairs||Porch / Veranda|
|Boat/Yacht Charter||Guided Excursions|
|Extra Maid Service||Private Driver|
|Live Theater||Theme Parks|
|Disco Club||Sight Seeing|
|Local Services & Businesses:|
|Sports & Activities:|
|Fishing||Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling|
|Jet Skiing||Water Skiing|
|Mountain Biking||Whale Watching|
|Outlet Shopping||Whitewater Rafting|