Il Castelletto Massa Carrara, Tuscany - Italy
Sleeps 2 to 12
Massa, Tuscany – Italy
Elegant charming 1500 Century villa , with pool and Spa on the border between Liguria and Tuscany at few mins from the beaches and close to the Cinque Terre.
Il Castelletto is set on a hill at the foot of the Apuane Alps amongst olive groves, chestnut and oak forest. Everywhere you look you will be captivated by the splendid views that take in the entire valley below, leading to the shores of the near by Mediterranian sea and continuing to the Gulf of Portovenere.
Originally Il Castelletto was defensive stone tower built around 1400 to defend the nearby medieval Malaspina castle. Today it has been transformed into a beautiful and elegant holiday villa, restructured by the owner with great care and maximum attention to detail.
A harmony of colours pervade the interiors with walls plastered in traditional Tuscan pinks and yellows and the brilliant green and white of the local Carrara marble.
Many walls have been left bare to expose the ancient rough hewn stone work which combine with traditional terracotta floors, chestnut beam ceilings and a considered selection of old prints and antiques to create a warm and luxurious atmosphere.
Il Castelletto is on four floors:
Each floor is reachable either by internal stair case or by an internal panoramic lift. The villa is entered from a large external patio which is furnished with out door dining facilities and perfect for taking in the stunning panoramas.
On the ground floor entering from this patio you will find a new and functional brilliantly equipped kitchen adjacent to the dining room. Fine Persian carpets and gold leaf mirrors characterize this room which is a cosy place on winter days with the fire alight.
There is also beautiful wine cellar in stone and a powder room on this floor. On the same level but accessed from the exterior are two beautiful bedrooms which face out onto the big terrace. These bedrooms have en suite bathrooms with showers. Also on this level is a splendid sauna room and the Jacuzzi with hot water.
The main entrance on the first floor leads to an elegant living room with a fireplace in white Carrara marble. The comfortable sofas and armchairs are in complete harmony with the coloured walls which are a soft green. In the living room you can also find Satellite television and large windows that take in the magnificent and extensive views. On the same floor there is a charming double bedroom with an en suite bathroom with a shower. A wooden staircase or the lift leads to the second floor where there are two romantic double bedrooms. Both of them have en suite bathrooms with showers. Going up to the fourth floor you reach the attic where there is a double bedroom with twin beds that can be joined on request and an en suite bathroom with shower. At your disposal is internet access with ADSL, satellite television, ceiling fans in every room, stereo with CD player and a selection of English books. There is also a dishwasher, washing machine. On your arrival you will find a warm and welcoming greeting, the owner speaks perfect English and whilst being more than respectful of your privacy can organize breakfast and dinners on request, pleasant picnics and barbecues, guided excursions as well as walks on foot or by bike in the hills around the area.
- Ground floor: Fully equipped kitchen, dining room, both with access to the patio, 1 service bathroom, stone wine cellar. On the same level but accessed from the exterior: 2 double bedrooms with terrace and en suite bathrooms with showers. Also on this level: sauna room and Jacuzzi with hot water
- First floor: Living room, 1 double bedroom with en suite bathroom with shower
- Second floor: 2 double bedrooms with en suite bathrooms
- Attic: 1 double bedroom with en suite bathroom with shower
- Square Meters: 320
- Outside: Private furnished patio, garden and park, 1 large panoramic terrace, Jacuzzi pool, Sauna (SPA) swimming pool (13,5×4), panoramic views.
Outside the patio extends to a shaded open living area. Here the sofas and armchairs in rattan and a large dining table offer wonderful relaxation, leisurely breakfasts and the perfect setting for romantic evening dinners over looking the panoramic swimming pool and out to the valley and sea beyond. The Castle Malaspina makes a charming accent. The swimming pool area surrounded by olive trees and near to a patio that has a Jacuzzi. Il Castelletto is surrounded by a large park (4000 meters or yards square) and its private car park is situated on the lawn right next to the villa. The owner has arranged private concessions for his guests with: beach with cabin and umbrella, tennis, golf and squash.
For those who love silence and nature, for families and groups of friends, Il Castelletto is the ideal place for meeting to discover unusual itinerary and the antique flavours, the local food is excellent, not forgetting that at 10 minutes by car there is the sea, the elegant beaches of Versilia and the wilder ones in the Cinque Terre.
Moreover thanks to the villa’s strategic location you can easily reach interesting tourist and cultural sights both in Tuscany and in Liguria: Forte dei Marmi and Viareggio famous for its boutiques and night life, ( 15 minutes ) Pietrasanta, the historical and artistic capital of Versilia with the most famous statuary shops (5 minutes ) by car, Lucca (25minutes), Pisa (20 minutes), Florence (1 hour ), Carrara’s marble quarries, the marvellous Cinque Terre (Five Lands), Golfo dei Poeti (Poets’Gulf), Portovenere, Portofino, Genova. Handy ferries to Cinque Terre depart daily from the harbour of Marina di Massa (5 km ).
- Closest village: Massa (1,5 km) where there are supermarkets, restaurants, wine bars, shops, market
- Distance to shopping: 1,5 Km
- Closest restaurant: 300 m, 5 mins by car
- Other restaurants & pubs: Massa 1,5 Km, 5 mins by car, Forte dei Marmi 15 mins by car
- Closest beaches/sea: Marina di Massa 5 Km, 10 by car, Forte dei Marmi 15 mins by car, Versilia beaches 15 mins
- Nearest highway: Massa 1, 5 Km
- Nearest train station: Massa 1,5 Km
- Nearest Airport: Pisa (PSA) 45 Km
SITES OF INTEREST:
- Cinque Terre by train: Trains depart daily from Massa and La Spezia
- Timetable and information: Treni Italia
- Cinque Terre by boat: Ferry companies depart daily from Marina di Massa, Lerici and La Spezia
- Timetable and information: http://www.navigazionegolfodeipoeti.it/
- Beaches: Versilia/Forte dei Marmi: 14 km
- Towns & Villages: Versilia/Forte dei Marmi: 14 km, Pietrasanta: Carrara/marble quarries: 15 km, Pisa: 45 km, Lucca: 44, Firenze: 105 km, Sarzana: 17 Km, Lerici/Golfo dei Poeti: 23 Km, Portovenere: 42 Km, Portofino: 100 Km, Genova 120 km
- All linen and towels
- Pool towels
- All utilities
- WI FI Internet Access
- Water, gas, electricity
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Final cleaning of Euro 200,00
- Electricity according to consumption
- Security Deposit: € 800,00 to be paid in Euro on arrival and refunded at the end of the holiday
- 1 week minimum stay
- Rentals are Saturday to Saturday
- Arrival between 4 and 8 p.m.
- Departure by 10.00.
- Car essential
- Child friendly
- Pets welcome
|Iron & Board|
|Dishes & Utensils||Pantry Items|
|Child’s Highchair||Dining Room|
|Dining||Seating For 14 People|
|Books||Satellite / Cable|
|Music Library||Video Library|
|Private Garden||Private Pool (13,5×4)|
|Deck / Patio||Porch / Veranda|
|Lawn / Garden|
|Pool / Spa:|
|Boat/ yacht charter||Driver|
|Cooking service||Guided excursions|
|Daily domestic staff||Private Chef|
|Live Theater||Theme Parks|
|Bird Watching||Scenic Drives|
|Disco Club||Sight Seeing|
|Local Services & Businesses:|
|Fitness Center||Medical Services|
|Sports & Activities:|
|Disco Club||Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling|
|Jet Skiing||Water Skiing|
|Mountain Biking||Whale Watching|
|Outlet Shopping||Whitewater Rafting|
[booking type=7 nummonths=1]