Casetta Rosa Sarzana, Liguria - Italy
Sarzana, Cinque Terre – Liguria
An independent country house for 4 people with pool on the border between Liguria and Tuscany, near to the Cinque Terre and the beaches. Bedrooms 2, bathroom 1.
Sleeping four people, this simple farmer’s cottage nestles in a privileged position on a wooded hillside directly on the border between eastern Liguria and northern Tuscany. Well-suited to nature-lovers, it is surrounded by luxuriant, unspoilt countryside and consequently enjoys utmost peace and tranquillity, as well as enviable privacy and seclusion. The spectacular Mediterranean sea-views afforded at this elevation encompass all of the Versilia coastline, as far as Livorno (Leghorn).
For the more energetic holidaymaker, the varied sightseeing attractions of the Cinque Terre fishing villages and nature reserve are a mere stone’s throw away; while for dedicated sunseekers, the local beach is only ten minutes down the hill from here.
This low-level property, with its attractive pink exterior walls and light-stone paved surround, extends over ground-floor level only. The style of the interior decor and furnishing is very plain and simple, in keeping with a typical, old, farmer’s cottage. The entrance door leads straight into the central day-room, which combines the following: a living-room area with sofa; a dining area, with a large, old fireplace; and an extensive, integrated kitchen-corner, newly fitted in travertine marble. From this main living space, French doors open out on to the garden. Adjoining it are two bedrooms, one double and one twin, as well as a bathroom with shower, featuring attractive new fittings in local Carrara marble.
- Ground floor: Kitchen/living room connected with a private patio, 1 double bedroom, 1 double bedroom with twin beds, 1 bathroom with shower.
- Square Meters: 75
- Outside: private furnished patio and garden, swimming pool (5×4), panoramic view
- Private parking: 2 cars
The property has swimming pool and occupies a superb sun-trap location, which encourages an open-air lifestyle. Easy access from the day-room to the garden via the connecting French doors facilitates comfortable al fresco dining. Well-appointed with table, chairs, sunshade and loungers, the cottage’s front lawns invite you to relax at leisure, accompanied by their breathtaking natural backdrop. These outdoor features are undoubtedly the most striking asset of this little property.
La Casetta Rosa is situated within easy reach of the area’s principal sights of outstanding natural beauty or historic and artistic interest, such as the following: the medieval town of Sarzana (10mins); the unique Cinque Terre villages and nature reserve; the romantic Gulf of Poets; picturesque Portovenere; sophisticated Portofino; the awe-inspiring Apuan Alps and the world-famous quarries of Carrara (20mins by car), source of all Michelangelo’s extraordinary white marble; the lovely sandy beaches of Versilia (30mins by car); and the splendid, simply unmissable Tuscan cities of Pisa (40mins by car), Lucca (30mins by car) and Florence (1 hr). Many other unspoilt beaches dotted along the nearby coast can readily be reached by car in about 15 mins. Regular daily ferry services operate from the local ports of Lerici, La Spezia and Marina di Carrara (15 kms away) to the Gulf of Poets; Portovenere; the Cinque Terre; Portofino; as well as to the former maritime republic of Genoa, Liguria’s capital city, an ancient, once most powerful port and birthplace of both Christopher Columbus (1451-1504) and the 18th century violin virtuoso, Niccolò Paganini. Its fascinating, state-of-the-art Aquarium now forms one of the city’s major modern-day tourist attractions.
- Closest village: Sarzana 7 km where there are supermarkets, restaurants, wine bars, shops, banks
- Closest supermarket: “Ipercoop” supermarket and mall (Sarzana 7 km )
- Distance to shopping: Sarzana 7 km
- Closest restaurant: “Ottone”, “La Compagnia dei Balenieri” (Sarzana 7 km)
- Other restaurants & Pubs: Around Sarzana ( 7 km) , Lerici and Bocca di Magra 15 mins by car
- Closest beaches: Bocca di Magra 10 km, Fiascherino 11 km, Tellaro 11 km
- Nearest highway: Sarzana 8 km
- Nearest train station: Sarzana 7 km
- Nearest Airport: Pisa (PSA) 80 km
SITES OF INTEREST:
- Cinque Terre by train: Trains depart daily from Sarzana, S. Stefano di Magra and La Spezia
- Timetable and information: Treni Italia
- Cinque Terre by boat: Ferry companies depart daily from Lerici, Bocca di Magra and the local port of La Spezia
- Timetable and information: http://www.navigazionegolfodeipoeti.it/
- Beaches: 10/15 mins by car
- Towns & Villages: Sarzana 7 km, Bocca di Magra: 13,8 km, Lerici/Golfo dei Poeti: 12 km, Fiascherino/Tellaro: 14,8 km, Portovenere: 30 km, Portofino: 80 km, Genova: 100 km, Carrara/marble quarries: 25 km, Versilia/Forte dei Marmi: 35 km, Lucca: 60 km, Pisa: 70 km, Firenze: 120 km.
- All linens and utilities
- Air conditioning
- Water, gas, electricity
- Final cleaning
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Security Deposit € 250,00 to be paid in Euro on arrival
- Heating during winter months according to consumption
- Rentals are Saturday to Saturday
- Short rentals considered on request
- Arrival between 4 pm. and 8 pm.
- Departure by 10.00.
- Car essential
- Child friendly
- Pets allowed on request
|Hair Dryer||Towels Provided|
|Iron & Board||Washing Machine|
|4 Ring Stove||Microwave|
|Dishes & Utensils||Refrigerator|
|Dining Area||Seating For 6 People|
|Satellite / Cable||Television|
|Private garden||Private Pool|
|Garden Table & Chairs||BBQ|
|Lawn / Garden||Parasol|
|Boat/ yacht charter||Extra towels on request|
|Live Theater||Winery Tours|
|Disco Club||Sight Seeing|
|Horseback Riding||Water Sports|
|Local Services & Businesses:|
|Sports & Adventure Activities:|
|Fishing||Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling|
|Jet Skiing||Water Skiing|
|Mountain Biking||Whale Watching|
|Outlet Shopping||Whitewater Rafting|