Cà del Borgo Tresana, Lunigiana - Tuscany, Italy
Sleeps 2 to 14
Tresana, Lunigiana – Tuscany
Comfortably sleeping 2 to 14 persons, this beautiful house (500 years old) set in a privileged position on the hillside between Tuscany and Liguria.
The beaches of Liguria as well as Tuscany and the Cinque Terre villages are easily accessible from here. Ideal to go during the day to bathe with the family to enjoy the culture of the country and to draw in the evening in the freshness and tranquility of the mountains back.
The house has been carefully renovated with fine traditional materials and fabrics of the highest quality to offer all modern comforts.
Set high among the lush green hills which border Liguria and Tuscany and surrounded by Mediterranean Trees, it guarantees utmost privacy and seclusion and occupies the perfect spot for peaceful relaxation. In addition, the houses outdoor pool and the lovely relax area invite you to bathe at leisure quietly.
Great location for those who want to visit Tuscany and the Cinque Terre. In 30 minutes you can reach the seaside (Lerici, Fiascherino, Bocca di Magra). Only 4.5 km to the nearest town Barbarasco and 10 minutes to get the train station of Aulla where you can easily reach the amazing Cinque Terre as well as Pisa, Florence, Lucca.
- Inside: 7 Double bedrooms, 5 Bathrooms, 1 kitchen, 1 Living room, Terrace
- Outside: Private Swimming Pool (5,3×3,3×1,3 m) Private Garden, Relax area with Bath tub outdoor
- Parking: Private
The garden extends to a shaded open living area with a small hidden pool. Here deck chairs and dining table offer wonderful relaxation, leisurely breakfasts and the perfect setting for intimate dinners. The carefully garden is full of colourful flowers and mediterranean trees, with shady refreshing areas which offer country cleaned air and beautiful views.
The Lunigiana is an historical territory of Italy, which today falls within the provinces of La Spezia and Massa Carrara. Its borders derive from the ancient Roman settlement, later the medieval diocese of Luni, which no longer exists.
Lunigiana, a mountainous region dissected by the Magra river, covers an area which runs from the Apennines to the Mediterranean Sea, now belongs in part to Tuscany and in part to Liguria. It takes its name from Luni, a Roman town, perhaps pre-dated by an Etruscan settlement, which became the principal urban center on the northern Tuscan coast. Some contend that the name Luni refers to the moon, a celestial body whose beauty is made all the more attractive when framed by the white-peaked Apuan Alps and high Apennine mountains. Others maintain, though little or no evidence exists, that the region was populated by those who worshiped the moon.
As if to unite history and myth, the symbol of contemporary Lunigiana is a crescent moon held in the claw of a bear. The earliest recorded inhabitants of this region may have been the Apuani (from which is derived the name of the Apuan mountain chain), an ancient Ligurian people, as well as Etruscans who may have inhabited towns along the coast and even the hamlets near in-land trade routes. Curiously, while evidence of both Roman and later Medieval settlements are ample, the wondrously appealing stele, late pre-historic and Bronze Age stone statues which have been found in large numbers in this part of Tuscany, remain the symbol of this ancient land. They are the first expression of the art and, perhaps, of the religious beliefs of the peoples that inhabited northern Tuscany from the Bronze Age to start of the Roman Empire.
THE SURROUNDING AREA
The house is situated in the midst of verdant countryside, yet it is only about 30 minutes from the beautiful Mediterranean towns of Lerici and Portovenere, renowned for their waterfront seafood restaurants. Boats leave from both these ports for trips to the picturesque fishing villages of the Cinque Terre, and to Portofino. Locally, there are a multitude of ancient towns and villages to explore, each with their own personality, and often with a country restaurant or bar for a welcome pit-stop. The Mediterranean beaches of the Versilia coast are about an hour away, and provide a typically Italian seaside experience, with beach clubs, sun umbrellas, and beachfront bars and restaurants.
- TUESDAY: Fivizzano (mornings until 12:30 in the Piazza di Medicea)
- THURSDAY: Sarzana has an all day market, great for clothes stalls, but you have to get there early to get a parking space; there’s also an all-day market in Castelnuovo in Garfagnana (about an hours drive along the road to Lucca)
- FRIDAY: La Spezia (all day), a big market, about 50 mins. away
- SATURDAY: Aulla (mornings until 12:30, 1/2 hour drive) Worth going to, parking usually no problem, a really fun market where you can buy fresh produce, local cheeses and meat, fish, flowers, clothes, just about everything.
- Closest city: Aulla 8 km where there are supermarkets, restaurants, shops, banks
- Closest supermarket: “Conad” Terrarossa 6 km, “Conad” Aulla 8 Km
- Distance to shopping: Aulla 8 Km
- Closest restaurant: Tresana 1 km
- Other restaurants: Aulla 8 km, Sarzana 28 km, Lerici 32 km
- Closest beaches/sea: Lerici 33 km., Fiascherino, 36, Bocca di Magra 28 km.
- Nearest highway: Aulla 8 Km
- Nearest train station: Aulla 8 Km
- Nearest Airport: Pisa 85 km.
SITES OF INTEREST:
- Cinque Terre by train: Trains depart daily from Aulla, La Spezia, Santo Stefano di Magra, Sarzana,
- Timetable and information: Treni Italia http://www.trenitalia.com/
- Cinque Terre by boat: Ferry companies depart daily from the local ports of Lerici, La Spezia, Bocca di Magra
- Timetable and information: http://www.navigazionegolfodeipoeti.it/
- Beaches: Lerici/Golfo dei Poeti: 32 km., Fiascherino/Tellaro: 35 km, Bocca di Magra: 34 km.,
- Towns & Villages: Sarzana: 25 km, Portovenere: 42 km, Carrara/marble quarries: 42 km, Versilia/Forte dei Marmi: 55 km, Pisa: 86 km, Lucca: 87, Portofino: 95 km, Genova: 109 km, Firenze: 172 km.
- All linen and towels
- Pool towels
- All utilities
- WiFi Internet Access
- Water, gas, electricity
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Security Deposit: 500,00 to be paid in Euro cash on arrival refunded at the end of holiday.
- Final cleaning: 135,00
- Heating: During winter months charged on consumption
- Rentals are Saturday to Saturday (1 week minimum stay)
- Short rentals considered on request
- Arrival between 4 and 8 p.m.
- Departure by 10.00.
- Car essential
- Child friendly
- No Pets
Fireplace, Hair Dryer, Heating, Internet WiFi, Iron & Board, Linens Provided, Towels Provided, Parking, Washing Machine,
Blender, Coffee Maker, Pantry Items, Dishes & Utensils, Refrigerator, Dishwasher, 4 ring Stove, Microwave, Toaster, Oven
Dining, Seating For 12 People,
Books, Stereo, Dvd Player, TV Sat, Satellite / Cable, Video Library,
Balcony, Deck / Patio, Garden Table & Chairs, Parasol, Private Garden, Private Pool (5,3x3x1,3 m), Outdoor Grill, Porch / Veranda, Sunbed,
Boat/Yacht Charter, Cooking service, Extra Maid Service, Guided Excursions, Private Driver, Private Chef
Beaches, Churches, Forests, Lakes, Marina, Museums, Restaurants, Ruins, Rivers, Water Parks, Winery Tours,
Local Services & Businesses:
Atm/Bank, Fitness Center, Groceries Hospital, Babysitter, Medical Services, Massage Therapist,
Sports & Activities:
Cycling, Deepsea Fishing, Disco Club, Fishing, Golf, Hiking, Horseback Riding, Jet Skiing, Mountain Biking, Outlet Shopping, Paragliding, Rafting, Sailing, Scuba Diving Or Snorkeling, Swimming, Tennis, Walking, Water Skiing, Whale Watching, Whitewater, Wind-Surfing